KL City

Monday, August 21, 2006

How I Started My Travels To KL, Malaysia

When I first traveled to Kuala Lumpur (KL) in Feb 05, I decided to travel to KL once per month...for both business and making friends.

I wanted to know Kuala Lumpur (KL) better since after all it's the next big city nearest to us in Singapore. Well, it's just 3 to 4 hours away by road...

In fact, I made a decision to travel to KL regularly, like once per month or every two months.

Personally, I don't have any friend or relative to start with in KL itself. And, when I first traveled to KL in Feb 05, I absolutely knew next to nothing about KL. Together with a business partner we reached there around midnight. And I just pulled my car past this 3-star hotel which looked reasonably good, got down and checked out the room rates which were also pretty reasonable.

It turned out to Corona Inn Hotel, next to Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Alor, a street full of food (plus it's a red light area, I heard). The rooms were clean and the best part I like about it is that they have a car park adjacent to it. That way, not only I have good food any time, I have some security for the car as well as it's free for hotel guests! Not a bad deal, I thought.

So, Corona Inn became one of my choices whenever I travel to KL.

Since that trip, I made many many trips to KL. My most recent trip was just last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home